The project E-UROPa (Enabling European e-Participation) was developed by the Digital Opportunities Foundation in cooperation with eleven member organizations of ALL DIGITAL (formaly Telecentre Europe), the European umbrella organisation for Public Internet Access Points, campaigns and activities for civic participation within the EU.
Many citizens believe that the EU and Brussels are far removed from them and their daily lives and they thus do not have any opportunity to influence politics. However, the European institutions offer a number of online tools that enable citizens to take part in the development of European politics. These are often just one mouse-click away and most people do not know anything about them.
It is the goal of the project to highlight the chances and possibilities of European policy-making and to call upon citizens to actively participate. Apart from the e-Participation Day that happened on May 7th 2015 in all participating countries, an Online-Competition is organised between June and December 2015.
Role of the Digital Opportunities Foundation
The Digital Opportunities Foundation was responsible for the implementation (of the project activities) in Germany. This included online and offline information campaigns, as well as surveying and sharing personal experiences with e-participation tools.
In addition, the foundation organised the e-Participation Day 2015 on May 7th and the competition My e-participation story in Germany.
- ALL DIGITAL AISBL, Belgium
- FONDAZIONE MONDO DIGITALE, Italy
- Medjunarodna mreza pomoci I.A.N. International Aid Network, Serbia
- Telecentre-danmark, Denmark
- STOWARZYSZENIE MIASTA W INTERNECIE, Poland
- Fundacja Rozwoju Spoleczenstwa Informacyjnego, Poland
- Fundatia EOS - Educating for an Open Society Romania, Romania
- ASOCIACIJA "LANGAS I ATEITI", Lithuania
- Instituti Shqiptar i Shkencave, Albania
- Associacio per a Joves Teb, Spain
- LATVIJAS INFORMACIJAS UN KOMUNIKACIJAS TEHNOLOGIJAS ASOCIACIJA, Latvia
- STIFTUNG DIGITALE CHANCEN, Germany
- Targa Töö Ähing, Estonia
FundingEurope for Citizens
Funded by: European Commission