From December 6th to 10th, the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2021 has taken place as a hybrid event. It was hosted by the Government of Poland.
Update from Dec. 10th, 2021: Please find here our reports from the event:
Welcome to Katowice - The IGF 2021 has begun</>
The theme of this year's IGF is "Internet United". Representatives from business, science and civil society will meet with high-ranking government representatives from all over the world and address the topics in various event formats:
- Economic and Social Inclusion / Human Rights
- Universal access and meaningful connectivity
- Emerging regulation: market structure, content, data and consumer/user rights regulation
- Environmental sustainability and climate change
- Inclusive Internet governance ecosystems and digital cooperation
- Trust, security, stability
The topics of children's rights and child protection are once again at the top of the Internet Governance Forum agenda this year. There is a clear focus on the realisation of children's rights to protection, empowerment and participation in the digital environment. This is also reflected in the name of the Dynamic Coalition on Child Online Safety, which started its work back in 2007 in Rio and is now called Dynamic Coalition on Children's Rights in the Digital Environment.
We have put together for you a schedule of the sessions that will cover aspects of children and young people growing up in a digital environment. This way you can decide which parts of the program are of interest to you. All sessions are designed to actively involve participants, whether they are on-site or online. Within the IGF week we will report from the event, with a special focus on these sessions.
Registration is required to attend the IGF here. It is recommended that you register in good time before the start of the event. You will receive a confirmation that entitles you to access the on-site events and the digital Zoom meetings..
IGF sessions on "Growing up in a digital environment"
- 10:25-11:10 Uhr, Hall A3: Day 0 Event #114 Keep Our Children Safe in The Digital World
- 12:00-13:00 Uhr, Hall A2: Day 0 Event #118 Freedom of speech on the Internet - what does it mean for young people?
- 12:00-13:00, Raum 4: Day 0 Event #101 Internet - safety and development of children and young people - educational, social and legal consequences
- 09:00-09:20 Uhr, Raum 7: Lightning Talk #85 Rapid notice & takedown - the key to getting child sexual abuse off the internet fast
- 15:00-16:30 Uhr, Raum 10: DCCOS Regulate or prevent to protect children - a false dichotomy?
- 17:00-18:30 Uhr, Raum 6: WS #170 Child Protection Online - How to legislate?
- 16:15-17:15 Uhr, Ball-Raum A: WS #133 Delivering children’s rights in the digital world
- 13:50-14:50 Uhr, Raum 3: Open Forum #39 Inclusive and Safe Connectivity for Children and Adults
- 17:05-18:05 Uhr, Raum 7: NRIs collaborative session: Securing the trusted Internet now for the generations to come. Special Focus: Child Online Safety
- 09:30-11:00 Uhr, Raum 6: WS #240 Education 4.0: Who is looking at cybersecurity?